HTC Research aims to develop cutting-edge technologies to enhance user experience on Mobile Internet. HTC Research partners with universities and research institutions to conduct research and develop products. The team consists of 200 scientists and engineers working at several focus areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Computational Photography
- Energy Harvesting
- Health Care
- Sensors & Sensing
- User Experience & Human-Computer Interface (HCI)
- Edward Y. Chang, President of Healthcare BU and Research
- John Song, Senior Director, Cloud Computing
- Aaron Hu, Senior Director, Hardware
Over the past two years, HTC Research developed and launched several applications and mobile phone features. Some most significant ones are:
- Pan360: INS-sensor-assisted 360×180 panorama provides the most effective and efficient image stitching algorithm, which enables Pan360 the best capturing and viewing experience.
- Duo Camera: With two lenses, Duo Camera computes depth information and uses that to support features such as object cut/paste and UFocus.
- One Gallery: One Gallery brings your photos and videos saved online to your Gallery. Just connect your Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr and Google Drive accounts to view your favorite memories in one convenient place. One Gallery only uses space-saving thumbnail images for browsing, but you can download the full-size file anytime. Using this feature doesn’t upload any of your local content to your online accounts.
- Fun Fit: An application tracking one’s progress in exercise/fitness.
- Tricorder: HTC co-leads (with Prof. CK Peng at Harvard) a team of physicians, scientists, and engineers to design and develop mobile wireless diagnostic instruments that can help consumers make their own reliable health diagnoses anywhere at anytime. The project entered the Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE competition in 2013 with 254 other entrants and was selected as one of the seven finalists in August 2014 to advance to the final round (grand prizes to be announced in December 2016).
- AAAI 2015
- ACL 2014
- ACM MM 2015
- IEEE CVPR 2015
- IEEE EMBC 2014, 2015
- IJCAI 2015
- NIPS 2014, 2015
- VLDB 2013, 2014